Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Tequila Sunrise Mani!

It's been raining pretty much non stop here in Boston since Sunday, so I decided I needed to perk up my nails a bit. Since we are nearing summer and I have tropical things in mind (even if I'm not going anywhere tropical this summer), I wanted to do a tropical drink mani. I then realized this could be a good series for me! So here's the first in my series of tropical drink: Tequila Sunrise!




I used Sinful Colors Unicorn, Island Coral, and Hazard to create the gradient (using the make-up sponge method). I sponged the colors over a white base to really help the colors pop and added my favorite topcoat Nfu Oh #61 to make the nails sparkle. I then topped off my accent nail with a (fimo) lime slice just like the drink! Unfortunately, I didn't have any orange juice to make a tequila sunrise while doing my mani, so I enjoyed a Blue Point Toasted Lager instead. Close enough!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, the colours really do pop, and that fimo lime is such an adorable touch. Mmm, a tequila sunrise sounds really good right now... ;o)

    ReplyDelete