Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Deborah Lippmann: Across the Universe

I know, I've been away for a while. I just started a new job as a pharmacy tech, which requires tons of training, and I was studying for the MCAT. That did leave me much time for blogging, or for even painting my nails! Well, I almost completed my training and I took my MCAT last Friday so now I finally have time to paint and blog once more. Hooray!! 

As promised earlier on my Facebook page, today I am bringing you Across the Universe by Deborah Lippmann. Across the Universe is just filled with micro blue glitter and medium light blue and green hex glitter suspended in a dark blue jelly base.

Up first I have the standard bottle shot.


Isn't it lovely in the bottle? This is definitely one to keep out on display! You can just see how packed with glitter it is.



I decided to swatch it over another Deborah Lippmann color: Dancin' in the Sheets, which is very deep shimmery purple.I was hoping some of the purple shimmer would show through but the dark jelly of Across the Universe covered it up. I will just use a plain black base from now on.


I used two coats of Across the Universe to reach my desired level of glitter. You could definitely get buy with only one coat but I wanted a lot of glitter. 


Across the Universe went on like a dream! It is the perfect consistency. The glitter distributed itself perfectly without me having to physically place glitter or dig it out of the bottle. If you've used a polish with large glitter before, you know this is a rare quality.  


This polish also wears well. As you can probably tell from the tip wear, I've had this polish on for a couple days. There has been no chipping what so ever even on my dominant hand! 


Just look at all that sparkle!!! I know, tons of pictures but it's so pretty I had to post them all. And now for the close up shot so you can really see this polish shine.


So... much... glitter! You know how you know it's a stunning polish? When a ~50 year old straight man stops you to admire your nails. Now that's a complement! I also had several women stop me at work to ask if they were painted because they couldn't believe anything this pretty wasn't a sticker. 

If you couldn't tell, I love this polish. I'm not typically one to purchase an $18 polish, but this would be the exception. Now, I was lucky enough to get mine through a polish swap on Reddit, and my swapper is my new best friend! If you're only going to splurge on one polish, Deborah Lippmann Across the Universe should be it. You can purchase it directly from the Deborah Lippmann website or on Amazon

Until the next time, happy painting!


2 comments:

  1. This is the only one of DL's polishes that I had to get (usually they are too pricey for me). Gorgeous!! :D
    YAY I just found your blog and am now following! Woooo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bam, instant wish list--I love this polish!!

    ReplyDelete